Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Game Time


I am sharing a layout that was inspired by Ali Edwards’ Story Kit for the theme of Play. 
During Simple Scrapper’s Refresh Retreat, one of the challenges was to tell a story about something we no longer play. I had had the photos of our game closet printed a while ago, but contrary to how I usually create, the story had not been written yet for these.
I chose to write this story from a different perspective given this challenge.

When selecting products, I chose to find something that was playful to go with the theme. I found this rainbow paper in Vicki Boutin’s Sweet Shop collection and thought it would be perfect.

For my journaling, I used the Story Kit “game time” card. I decided to mat using black to bring it all together.


I thought the acetate “let’s play” piece nestled well in the white space at the top and opted for stitching it on rather than staples or other adhesive.


I struggled to think of embellishments that would work for this story but I remembered I had a game related stamp set from Elle’s Studio. I used it to stamp pawns and dice. 

Spinners are also related to games and I had the vellum specialty paper from VB that I stamped some arrows and turned them into some.


I used some VB foam Thickers from a SCT Sampler kit that had this collection to embellish a bit more as well as some phrase stickers from the Story Kit for each embellishment cluster. 

Happy with how it turned out even if it is nothing like I had thought it would when I printed these photos a few years back. Happy to have this documented!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment