Monday, August 12, 2024

Write a Good Story


Sharing a layout today that was inspired by Shimelle’s Layer on Layer on Layer class as well as Ali Edwards’ Story Stamp for the theme of Write and worked for a challenge at Simple Scrapper to capture another person’s voice.

When I saw the Story Stamp theme of write I knew it would be perfect to capture my oldest daughter’s love of writing books. 

I used Vicki Boutin’s Discover + Create collection using paper and the paperie pack for the journaling spot and labels. I found the pencil die cut in my stash. 


This layout uses inspiration from Shimelle’s lesson on using envelopes and pockets for layering in Layer on Layer on Layer. I used some glassine pockets to hold miniature copies of the books my daughter created. The were full legal sized books and for them to easily be included I copied and reoriented at a quarter of its original size.

Including the books captured her voice on this layout. The book that she wrote all about her captures her favorites and things she finds important about her right now. So fun to read!


She has loved to created books even before she could write words! Now that she does write, they are so fun to read!



Because of her creative spelling in her earlier book, I created labels that translated to be understood.


Love to have her books captured and this story told in this way! Thanks for stopping by!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment