The layout I am sharing today is a Bucket List layout that was journaled several years ago. While taking Simple Scrapper's Your Layout Loop class, for the start with design prompt, we were given a sketch #839 and I found the printed photo for this story recently and thought it would be a good fit for it.
What I found with starting with the sketch was that in doing so, I gave myself a lot more freedom to adapt it to fit. I rotated the sketch right off since my photo was the opposite orientation. There was a grid of circles across the page in the sketch and I had this flower die in my stash for over 15 years and decided this story of wishes would pair nicely. Initially I thought I would place them over circles, but their scale didn't really lend well to that, so I just had them flow down the page.

The title was a stash bash win as I found the blue acrylic word from my SCT Sampler stash. I paired it with the grandmother foam Thicker which was also in a SCT Sampler. I used the "s" from the word sister on the same sheet, because it felt better to use just the s than leave the sticker in my stash.
The color of the acrylic word informed the embellishments on my page. I found a scrap of blue card stock and decided to find some other dies to cut out butterflies.
I also found some 6x6 papers from my SCT Samplers that matched the blue title piece as well as the cloud background paper I found randomly in my paper stash. I felt the light wood grain paper warmed the layout up and used a heart punch to sprinkle the color around the butterflies.

This layout was an example of a page that doesn't require a lot of products to feel complete. Love how it turned out and happy to have this story told!


No comments:
Post a Comment