Thursday, August 6, 2026


Sharing a layout today that was inspired by many things. For one, the story for this layout came out of the Ali Edwards' Birthday Story Stamp. I was inspired to work on it as part of a class at Simple Scrapper called Layout Loop for a layout that starts with a product, which in this case was the Story Stamp set. 

I also used two starting points to inform the design. The first page was inspired by a layout I had found on one of my Pinterest Boards. I scrap lifted the photo strips from the design. The second page was inspired by a Simple Scrapper sketch (#316) as part of another class, Square One.


 

I haven't been in the habit of creating many event based pages, so I was excited when I had the opportunity to use some birthday themed supplies. I found a Scrapbook Generation kit in my stash that the colors matched and the icons seemed most appropriate for this story. I had to give myself permission to use the supplies my own way rather than how the sketch and design had been originally used for.

The supplies were from Simple Stories and with my son going to an engineering school with robots and all, the icons worked!


I used a Vicki Boutin mixed media background as the base of my layout. 


I managed to squeak a Birthday Story Stamp on the layout by using one in my title. I also used one from the Family and Ampersand Story Stamps to create it as well. I used some lovely Felicity Jane puffy alpha and some Kelly Purkey alpha stickers to finish it off. 


I stuck pretty closely to the sketch for this one. The title is on the first page so I replaced that with some embellishments.


Because of the kit inspiration, I cut many of the icons from the square cut apart paper out and used them as die cuts instead. Great for matching embellishments! 


Finished the page off with some enamel dots and puffy phrase stickers from Elle’s studio.

Happy to have this event documented and loved how many challenges inspired it to become what it is!












No comments:

Post a Comment