Sunday, August 23, 2026

What's in a name? Aaron


This layout was inspired by a bucket list story that I mentioned 3 years ago on the Scrapbook Your Way Podcast I was on with Jennifer Wilson. 

As part of a Stash Bash challenge with Simple Scrapper, I decided to tackle this story. The challenge was to make a page using nothing brand new, including at least one scrap, one item from a partially used pack, and one piece of ephemera. 

I was also working through the Your Layout Loop class with Story being the starting point.

I used Sketch #24 from Elle's Studio Sketch to Finish Vol 3 as the starting point to my layout. With the arrows behind the main elements on the sketch, I opted to use strips of paper scraps. Since I had way too many words to just fit in the 3x4 card used in the sketch, I modified it to also include the 6x6 paper to hold the rest. 


For the ephemera needed for the Stash Bash challenged, I cut the tickets from the coordinating Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste 6x6 paper pad. The 3x4 cards were from a partially used Project Life mini kit checking another requirement for the Stash Bash challenge.

The floral die cuts came from a Dear Lizzy pack and the iridescence on the florals were lovely to add. 



Used some enamel dots and a few heart puffy stickers that matched on of the title alphas as a finishing touch as well as stamped the date of the photo.

So happy to have this story told. Now I need to do it for the names of my other children. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment