Sunday, April 19, 2020

URhere

Another Bucket List Project Class layout complete. 


This layout originally looked like this and had been stuck that way for years. I could never finish for a few reasons. I didn't know what to say. I struggled what to put on the journaling. Second reason was that I was not in love with the products I was using. I had semi-completed another layout that was from the same trip that used the same products, and I just couldn't get it to work for me.

After sitting in my pages-in-progress pile for years, once I had come across an old class layout, taught by my friend in California, Colleen O'lear, that I had made on my trip to visit old friends and my old stomping ground, I knew with some minor adjustments, would be perfect for the photos and story that I wanted to tell.


I struggle with using memorabilia on my pages, so I was excited to use it for this one! The ticket worked well in place of a large photo. 

Love that the original layout used these Tim Holtz stamps, as well. 


There were a few things I added to the original layout design. In moving some of the photo mats around, I tore the green background paper. In an effort to cover it up, I found a Doodlebug DoodlePop sticker from my SCT sampler kit from some months back whose colors and theme matched perfectly. Layered on a shelf of washi tape. To balance the other side of the journaling block, I stretched the washi to the other side and had a tag with a stamped sentiment from Ali Edwards, a retired set from Technique Tuesday. Repeated the twine from the first page as a finishing touch. 

To cover up hole punches on the photos that I had also cropped down, I added some silver stars sprinkled about to cover them up. Love that it hides the imperfect photos and adds a touch of shine.


Thanks for checking out my layout. So excited to have this story told and a layout that I love! Hope to share more layouts from my Bucket List Project class soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment