Sunday, January 29, 2023

Review - Celebrate Rosie @3


The layout I am sharing today started with the words. Occasionally, when I am living through a special day, I will decided there are so many details I want to remember that I document them right away. 

For this layout, originally I thought I had selected a sketch that would accommodate the words for my story, but when going to print it out, found I was sorely mistaken! Instead of editing my story down or shrinking the font tiny to fit the space I had on the layout, I took some advice from Shimelle that she gave me during a YouTube Live, to make a 6x12 insert for the words.


The paper collection that I used for this layout was something vintage from my stash. I don't tend to gravitate toward anything brown these days, but with my daughter's brown pants in the photos, it seemed like a good match. I struggled to cut the paper with the die cut edge at the top and bottom, but I channeled my inner Shimelle and cut it. Better pieces used in my album than a whole sheet in my stash!

 Die cut the title from a SCT Sampler exclusive die. The number was an old Heidi Swapp product.



Loved using the Elle's Studio Celebrate stamp set for both the 12x12 and the 6x12 for this layout! I watercolored them with shimmery paint. 
Also used the Review Story Stamp from Ali Edwards.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment