Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Project Life: Playing catch up

Finally got another order of photos in. Was able to fill in a lot of gaps in my Project Life album. Only about 3 months behind now! 

I never realized how difficult these pages are to photograph! Being plastic they are very reflective! Sorry that the photos may not be the best. It is a learning experience.

I am really liking how some of this is coming together. I definitely have begun to find my process so that this works for me. Still some kinks, but working those out.

Week 5:

I have my first insert, the drawing of a groundhog in honor of Ground hog's Day. I placed him in a American Crafts 6x12 page protector. He saw his shadow, but with the weather we had this spring, he shouldn't have!





This week includes a flyer for the Aaron's school open house and the library receipt of the books we checked out for the week. Aaron's preschool occasionally will send photos along with an email talking about what the kids did at school. I included a couple of those photos as well as the email. Used a stamp from the Studio AE, It's OK stamp set on the journaling card.


 Bought my first washi tape, this multi colored roll from a Smash line. Love using bits of it for this project! Another email from Preschool with photos. Used a bunch of Ali Edward stamps on this one. Printed out super bowl photo from the Internet. 

Week 6:



The new show, Smash, started that I have gotten sucked into. Love the singing! Like a grown up version of Glee (which I also watch). Added a photo I found on the Internet. Added some tags from the kids clothes I bought this week. Used a Studio AE stamp on the photo.


Created the birthday party journaling card using a Studio AE stamp set and Stampin' Up! Alphabits stamp set. For the label, I used a Studio Calico stamp set and matching EK Success punch.

Week 7:

This week includes an insert that contains some art work from my son in honor of Valentine's Day.



The journaling cards from this week come from Fancy Pants paper. Aaron learned about the heart at school and brought home a picture of a real heart. Journaled on the photograph using Photoshop Elements. Have to make sure I give myself a little more margin for this next time, so I can round the corners and make sure it doesn't get cropped out at printing! 


Used some stamps from Studio AE stamp sets to create the last two journaling cards. Use a small Stampin' Up alpha as well. More of that same roll of washi tape. Gotta love it!

Week 8:

I added an insert of a trip I took to the doctor (not shown) and on the back was the breakdown of all the the nominations for the Academy Awards. Found this at my local library and checked off the winners as I watched the show.



More Technique Tuesday stamps from Ali Edwards. Another email from preschool.


Used a Studio Calico stamp set for the Hooray card. Added another library receipt showing the books we checked out for the week. Printed the Academy Awards image from the Internet.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my Project Life pages. Hope to share more soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment