Monday, June 9, 2014

OLW 2014-May

The assignment for Ali Edward's One Little Word for the month of May was to create 2.5x3.5 inch cards for a pocket page. Each card was supposed to be a small mixed media canvas to use paint, stamps, stencils and just have fun getting crafty. Afterwards when every thing was dry we were to complete the "I am...." statement.

Here is what I created for the prompt.


I used white paint with a bit of distress ink refill mixed in to create green and pale pink paint. Used to to coat some of them entirely, some I stenciled flowers and leaves. Then I used Heidi Swapp color shine, some with other stencils, others to add splatter. Used some Studio Calico stamps for the background layers. Then I used some more stamps, an alpha to create the "I am"  some phrases from some Technique Tuesday stamp sets from Ali to finish off the journaling prompt. Also used the geo tag from a Citrus Twist stamp set. Found some fabric labels that worked for the prompts and attached them with staples from my tiny attacher. 

I had fun with this assignment. I tend to be a perfectionist, or afraid to take risks and for this project, I could let all that go. It was fun to get inky and play with some of my stuff, that would otherwise sit.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment