Monday, August 25, 2014

Project Life- August 11-17, 2014

This is my layout for August 11-17, 2014. 

(I noticed I forgot to change the date on my layout. It has been fixed.)

This layout took longer to make than I intended. I had it all ready to go and realized I didn't have 2 of the photos in it that I wanted to include. That meant going back and seeing what would get cut, or moving stuff around and making an insert. Insert took the win. 



This week I started with a much older layout base so my title card will look a lot like cards I made early in the year. For the second "pocket" I layered a photo over a photo. I thought it was cool to include the weather that day. The camera some of the other elements on this page come from the NSD freebie from Two Peas in a Bucket. I altered one of the colors to match the red title card. "Monday" was altered from the Edge Sentiments from Ali Edwards. The Robin Williams card was a freebie from A Creative Bubble. The banner came from a freebie from Cathy Zileske. 


The days of the week on the journaling card came from a digital set from the Project Life class at Studio Calico. The arrows are from Project Life Cherry Edition kit. Used more of Ali Edwards' edge sentiments for the soccer journaling blocks.


This is what I call an insert. I have discussed doing this before, but in case you missed it, I plan on  printing in a photo book. After it gets printed, I will cut the page down to give it an insert feel. Haven't decided if I will tab them or not.

I almost bought some pre-made back to school cards or titles for this "insert". Instead I browsed my paper supplies and whipped up something of my own. Feel like the title block could use an apple element or something, but trying not to over think it.


The camera border came from the Two Peas freebie and quickly put this one together. 

Been to my local scrapbook stores last week. One is going out of business, I heard them say the owners are retiring. So sad. Bought a few sheets of paper, but nothing too exciting. Headed to the last one standing in our area, but still a bit of a drive, and just bought a few things there. Hoping to play with paper again soon! Been so busy with getting into the new school routine and making up for not getting much done this summer.

Hoping to share bunches soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment