Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Gifts for Teachers

My daughter has 6 teachers that she works with on a regular basis at school. When the holidays roll around, I can't afford to go out and purchase a decent gift for that many. 

Just like last year, I decided to make a set of cards for her teachers. This year, I stuck to making all thank you cards. They each get 5 different cards.



This was the first card I created. It uses a retired Stampin' Up! snowman stamp set, as well as the thank you sentiment from Ali Edwards. Found the ribbon in my stash. Water colored the image to match the ribbon colors. Heat embossed the sentiment and snowflake with white embossing powder.

After this card, I knew I was going to have to simplify the remaining cards if I wanted to complete them in time!

The next card I made used a Dear Lizzy stamp of a type writer. I stamped it and fussy cut it out.  I then found a thank you sentiment by Ali Edwards in a type writer font, but only inked the words "thank you".  Added a bit of washi tape to anchor the image and called this one done. 


For this card, after diving deep into my Stampin' Up! stamp stash, I found this thanks stamp and created a background with it. Using some ribbon in my stash, I layered this label that I die cut. I masked off the rest of the words on the stamp and used the "thanks" to finish of the label.


I love how this card turned out. I used Stayz on ink on the flowers, and water colored them with water color pencils. I then stamped the Ali Edwards "thank you" and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.


This was another card I made using some Stampin' Up! stamps. Used clear embossing powder on the heart in the center for these cards. The ink changed colors a bit on some of the cards when I did this, which I found interesting.


Don't know if there is enough contrast for the ink color and card base color that I chose, but going with it.



 And there you have it. My teacher gifts all done.

What do you think? If you were a teacher, would you appreciate these?



Now off to start my December Daily. Day 16 and I haven't done much in the way of making my album. I do know what photos and stories I plan to tell on each day, so I guess that is something!

Hope you are having a good holiday season! Hope to share more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment