Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I am creative.

I am back with another layout. This layout came together from two challenges from Simple Scrapper's refresh. The journaling came from January's refresh to take a selfie and list 3 creative things about me. This isn't the photo I took for this challenge, but I had printed for another layout and didn't use it and thought it appropriate for the topic.


The second challenge was to create a layout using a sketch within the Simple Scrapper membership selected by a random number generator. I got #301, which threw me in a loop from the beginning. I was happy it happened to be a one photo layout using a 4x6 horizontal orientation, but when I saw the photo and journaling all at an angle, I cringed a bit.

I have been subscribed to SCT Samplers since their inception. I love getting a taste of new things, but not having to buy whole collections. I like seeing what I actually use and feel true to me. I also like the price tag. Very little money for a treat every month. There is a challenge with this subscription. All the paper comes 6x6. For a 12x12 gal, I have to be intentional about how I use my papers from the kits.

The quadrant background was not part of the sketch, but I thought the papers were too perfect to pass up for the topic of this layout.


For my birthday this year, since it was my 40th, my mom surprised me with 40 things to open. Half of them were mini pizza boxes of crafty goodness. Inside were lots 3D stickers, tags, metal embellishments, decorative paperclips, die cuts and more. The sketch showed layered tags and things under the photo, so I raided my new goodies on this page. 

Along with the 6x6 paper from Simple Stories I am collection, my kit came with a few pocket cut-aparts, and a 4x6 sticker sheet. I used bits of all of it to embellish this layout.


There were bits of rose gold used in this collection, like in the paper above, highlighting the "I am creative." sentiment. I also used some rose gold stickers from an American Crafts sticker book, (Dear Lizzy's?) for added touches. The stickers from the kits created my title. 


I hand wrote my journaling on the ledger paper, I selected for the purpose, which also meant I deviated from the sketch in that regard.

Love how this turned out and glad to finish up a couple of challenges as well as use up some of my sampler kit stash in the process. 

Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment