Friday, October 25, 2019

One Day at a Time

This layout has been sitting on my desk in need of journaling for way too long!

The conception of this layout came from Ali Edwards' Hello Story class using the story structure of time. I knew I wanted to document going past due with my third pregnancy and how I had to take it "one day at a time".

My daughter is now four. It took me forever to get the photos printed, find the time to scrap them make the selection of products and then figure out how to get the words on the page. Relieved that it is finally complete.

I used product from a Dear Lizzy paper pad as well as a chipboard frame from my stash for the majority of this layout. The journaling card was from a Kelly Purkey kit I had in my stash that I was thrilled to be finally using.


I used a brush included in the Hello Story class on my main photo. I also used some clear stickers from Dear Lizzy's sticker book that I first mounted on white cardstock and fussy cut out.

I used some white glitter enamel dots as a finishing touch.


I really struggled with my journaling on this layout. I actually had twice as much, I had an added journaling card, under the frame, but hated how there was way too much text everywhere with the text pattern paper and words on the photo. I went back and edited the story down and shrunk the font a bit so all of it would fit on the 3x4 card. Even though it doesn't have as much detail, the gist of the story is still there.

Glad to have this layout complete and the story told. I am pretty happy on how it turned out. 

Soon I should have a steady stream of layouts to share here. If you look back at my old blog posts, you will see the infamous pages in progress pile. I have officially started to tackle this in earnest! I have lists and goals in place to get it down to a stack, if not gone by the end of the year. So far, I have tackled 8 layout projects from this pile! I have at least 20 more to address. 

Stop by to see more of those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment