Thursday, November 12, 2020

First Christmas- Aaron’s baby album

Aaron’s Baby album had never been completed. I unearthed a list of pages I had wanted to complete for his album from 2008 and realized  
1. I didn’t need or want all of those stories in this album. And
2. I was missing a few key pages to finish it off.

His first Christmas was one of those layouts.

I went to my Christmas stash in search of a place to start. I knew I might have some predesigned layout kits leftover from pre- December Daily stash. Sure enough I found one by 2ScrappySisters . These types of layouts are no longer my style, but it worked nicely with the layouts in this album that I created back when it was. 


I altered the layout design on the second page quite a bit. The photo placement is also completely altered. 



I got creative with my journaling placement on this one. I typed it up and printed it on Tim Holtz tissue paper. It comes on a roll that I cut to fit and adhered to copy paper. When I mod podge it to the background (let the ink set for an hour so it doesn’t bleed from the glue) it almost disappears! I then found an Ali Edwards stamp from an old Technique Tuesday set that said “remember this”.


I am finally learning how to use the Silhouette Cameo that I was gifted and cut my title for this page. I used some digital stamps from Ali to create it. I cut it three times and layered them together to give it dimension.


The paper pieced Santa is the whole reason I purchased this kit long ago. This Santa is amazing! The texture I his beard and trim as well as the shading on all of the pieces. He was fun to make!


 I happened to find a Basic Grey sticker that had the same colors and feel of the other presents to use on the second page.

The snowflakes are sequins that I bought from the Target Spot years ago. Love those things!

So excited to be wrapping up this album project for my 14 year old son. Love that I found a way to use this kit from my stash. Love that I made it my own and love the results!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment