Thursday, July 29, 2021

Funny Little Story

This layout was inspired by the Fun Story Stamp by Ali Edwards. FUNNY enough though, the laugh story kit came out before I created the layout and so I used some stamps from both sets to tell this story.


I had recorded this story in 2017 the day it happened, knowing I wanted to create a layout about it later. I am definitely a document now create later kind of gal. 

It was conversation that my daughter and husband had and when I saw the speech bubble stamps on the Laugh kit, I thought it would be a perfect way to document the story. 

When putting this layout together, Ally wanted to help, and seeing it was a page about her, I let her help pick the supplies and colors of the layout. She selected a Basic Grey pattern for the back ground and then helped me find coordinating Distress Ink colors to stamp with. 

Created my own pattern paper on the left side of the layout using a mix of stamps from both the fun and laugh story stamp sets as well as some emojis from a Hip Kit stamp, I believe.


I created the journaling in PSE, using the digital stamps of the speech bubbles to help me know how the placement was going to work. Initially I was going to print the speech bubbles separate and layer on the background, but I printed incorrectly and was going to have to restamp them all and decided just to do it as one.



Used a lot of stamps on this layout. Used some for the title, the subtitle, the tag embellishments as well as the scalloped strip!



Loved how this turned out and how many of my stamps I played with and that got used on this layout! Also excited that I got this story told!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment