Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Lights, Camera, Action


I struggle with some of the Story Class themes from Ali Edwards when it comes to stories I want to tell. I struggled with Bloom and again with Action. I always stretch myself to find at least one story to tell, and love where it leads me. 

The layout that was inspired by the Action Story Stamp was one of those stories. 

I was inspired by "Lights, Camera, Action" as a title and went from there. It sparked the story of Maddie's favorite types of toys and how they are all props essentially to the shows and movies that she likes to watch.

I decided to do a lay flat photo of the toys that she is currently playing with and pair it with small 2x2 photos of her over the years playing with those toys. 

 

With my stash of products to use, I struggled to find a starting place. I even asked my friends at Simple Scrapper for a jumping off place. 

Ultimately the arrow on the stamp set inspired me to look for arrow patterns. I remembered one from a Studio Calico collection I had but I didn't use the one I had thought of because I found this rainbow arrow instead. I thought it pulled all of the bright colors from the toys.


Along the arrow theme, I also found some acetate arrows as well as some chipboard silver foiled arrows that paired nicely with the patterned paper I had found. I attached the acetate arrows with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher.

I don't have a wide format printer to print on 12x12 paper, so I printed on an 8.5x12 page and pieced it with the pattern on the right to stretch it to 12x12.


I am working my way through Ali Edwards' Type class right now as well, and the title work was inspired by the stacked type assignment. I used Kelly Purkey alphabet stickers along with the action stamp from the Action Story Stamp.

To go with the film themed title, I found a Teresa Collins stamp in my stash with the film strip. I stamped it on vellum and cut it out and layered it around the layout. 


In my main 3 areas of embellishment, I also added a stamped sentiment from the Story Stamp in Ali's Pendleton ink as well as some Heidi Swapp's Tinsel Color Shine splatters.



 Love the end result of this! Love what stories I can tell when I am inspired by Ali's Story themes. 
Thanks for checking out this layout!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment