Sunday, March 13, 2022

Ally-Month 8


Sharing a layout for my daughter’s baby album as well as for an assignment for Shimelle’s Layer on Layer on Layer class.


The challenge was to use a sketch that has one embellishment marked and use it as a place to add layers of embellishments.

I used the sketch Shimelle used, in part because I never thought to use a different one.

The papers are an old but good collection from My Mind’s Eye, Alphabet Soup. Most from the girl pieces but the chipboard was from the boy. I couldn’t pass up that penguin piece!


I also dug into my American Craft sticker books for pieces to use as well as my die cut title I cut on my Silhouette.


Finally broke out my tab stamp and dies from Elle’s Studio! They were super fun to use to customize the color and sentiments! 

The picture perfect stamp didn’t work initially, but I had Shimelle’s voice in my head saying, “ that’s all right! Just an excuse for another layer!” I then pivoted and stamped it on a label from one of the sticker books and I think I like it better!



I found a girl and penguin in my stash with the papers from MME and thought it couldn’t be more perfect! 

Love that Shimelle’s class is really stretching me to dive into my stash! It is also getting me to mix collections and manufacturers, something I tend to struggle with!

Love this one! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment