Wednesday, July 1, 2015

BG Sweet Threads Cards

After creating the two page layout from the Basic Grey Sweet Threads Page of the Month kit, and then creating my most recent one page layout, as well as some projects in my OLW album, I figured there wasn't enough in this kit to create any more layouts.

Instead, I gave myself the challenge to see how many cards I could create using what was left in this collection. 

I started with finding card bases from the box sets I got from Michaels a while back, super cheap. They come with envelopes which is awesome.

Here are the cards I created! All 20 of them!


I am pretty minimal with my cards. I don't feel the need to add a whole lot of layers and use a whole lot of supplies on my cards. Most of them get tossed right after opening, so I go for pretty simple designs. 

Now, these cards are not in the order that I created them, but they all only used a few supplies outside of the BG kit.


Most of the sentiments on these cards come from the Chit Chat rub-ons from Stampin' Up. Love these when quickly making cards!


This kit came with the layered stickers, the 12x12 sticker alphas, and 12x12 sticker elements plus a bunch of papers and the journaling cards with overlays. 



For this card I used this stamp set from Mama Elephant.




From my stash I found some felt flowers that I layered with the stickers to create this card.


The tag was also found in my stash.



I stamped this happy for my Happy layout and decided to cut it out and use it for this card, using an Ali Edwards birthday stamp layered with it.


This also uses the Mama Elephant stamp set. (Made 2 of these)


Here is half of an overlay transparency adhered with the tiny attacher. 


And another card using the other half. It didn't have flowers printed on this side, so I used more felt flowers and flower shaped brads from my stash.


This uses one of the journaling spots (minus the overlay) with some Ali Edward stamps.




And there you have it! What was left of my kit were 4 scraps of paper and some alpha stickers. What flowers and bits I didn't use from the sticker sheets, my daughter played with on her own card while I was crafting. 

Loved challenging myself in this way. I knew I was going to use up this kit or I was going to make myself purge the leftovers. What motivation, I guess! Now I have 20 cards ready to go when the events come up!

No comments:

Post a Comment