Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December Daily 2016 - day 4

Here is my layout for day 4.

I do not have to create my pages in order this year because I have decided not to use divided page protectors. I was sick of the divided pages and the journal cards available that go in them. Using full 6x8 pages everyday makes it easy to go out of order.

I don't currently print from home, I batch print. I have an order in process for all of the days I have planned out and will print, most likely from Persnickety prints, when I am ready.

For day 6, they printed these photos at the event for me. so I had them on hand to work on this page. 


The background paper is from SEI Alpine Frost. It is lovely in person with debossing and glitter accents. I used some glassine bags that I had unearthed from my stash moments before and realized they would be perfect pockets on my pages for today.


So excited to use my first metal number tag. Realized that I have to place it on a solid color to make more visible, so may add a bit of a challenge to use them. Layered with some tags and bits from Simple Stories DIY Christmas. Embellished with more snow flake sequins.



In the pocket, I included half of the postcard invitation to the party we attended.  I attached a bit of ribbon at the top with my tiny attacher to act as a pull. 


On the back, I included the journaling for the day and stamped using the Christmas Star stamp set.


On the second page, I used the pocket to include all of the photo booth photos we had taken at the party. The older two had a blast with it!

Added the number sticker from Simple Stories Handmade Holiday. Heat embossed the stamped sentiment on the label with black embossing powder.



Added the same ribbon from the SEI collection and more tags from the Simple Stories to embellish the bag.


Love how this layout turned out. It was fun to create layouts rather than piecing the pockets together. So far enjoying the process!

Hope you will visit again soon for more pages.





No comments:

Post a Comment