Monday, December 12, 2016

December Daily 2016- The Reason Why

I have begun my December Daily for this year. I got off to a rocky start because none of the kits or paper collections I saw being offered this year were really inspiring me. 

After checking my stash of Christmas supplies, I found that I had more than enough to make my own kit.

I did purchase a few new things this year. The product I was most excited that came out this year were the Tim Holtz metal circle numbers. I also purchased a few of Ali's Edwards' stamp sets released this year, Christmas phrases and Christmas Star. The last little thing I bought was red sequins and snow flakes from the Target hot spot.

The papers I chose for the base of my kit were from an old SEI collection called Alpine Frost. I found that the red green and grey were a fairly good match for the leftover Simple Stories I had from previous December Dailies. The DIY Christmas from last year and Homemade Holiday from 2013. I also had some Stampin' Up! paper that worked as well. 

So here is my first page completed. I don't tend to do my title page until later in the month when I have a good family photo to use.


Some years I include a reason why page, some I don't. This year I was inspired by Ali's Christmas phrase stamp set. I had written my reason why and was pleasantly surprised there were a handful of sentiments on the stamp set! I typed my journaling and changed the words I was going to stamp in white on the computer and printed. Stamped the words in red and adhered to my patterned paper. Added some photo corner stickers from SEI and wood veneer piece from Simple Stories.

The snowflakes are from Target and white heat embossed a Story Stamp "Click" for my title. Capture this is also a Story Stamp's sentiment from last year.


I was excited to find this free calendar printable from A Stitch in Time. Great way to document our advent calendar surprises.

Off to get started on some layouts. Hope to share  more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment