Friday, February 3, 2017

December Daily 2016- Day 1

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but I promise I have made major progress with my December Daily album. Taking and posting photos of the project isn't my favorite, and when the sun just doesn't cooperate, I just have a hard time getting it done.

Here is my layout for Day 1.


Using the kit I have created has left me feeling a bit inspired. Creating all 6x8 pages has also been rather fun in this process. 


This paper I used for Day 1 was a bit dark and brown on one side so I cut my 6x8 background focusing more on the creamy sections. Although this photo doesn't show it well, the paper has a white finish on the scrolls at the bottom that is rather lovely.

I used a frame a friend gave me from her DD stuff from last year. It is from the Simple Stories Christmas collection from last year, Claus and Co.

I used one of Ali Edwards' stamps that she released this year. Love the phrase on this one, perfect for advent calendars and things.


The paper I backed the frame in had a glitter treatment that was lovely as well. Using the Tim Holtz numbers is a little tricky, because to be readable, they can't be on top of anything too busy.

Something you will see me use throughout this album is the black and white twine, as well as the snow flake sequins.



Something else that I intend to use are some number stickers from Simple Stories in their Handmade Holidays collection. I found it nice to use these with the higher contrast and larger size. I like having the number on every individual page to make it clear which day it is for.

Used some Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies to create the label and journaling block.

So there you have it. I should have Day 2 posted soon. 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment