Thursday, July 9, 2020

Santa Monica

This is a layout from Scrapbook Generations that I tweaked to make my own. I actually had these pictures on another layout that had sat in my Pages in Progress pile for years. It was with the recent URHere layout  that I also redid.

I began this layout in 2008. I know this because one of the first projects I made on my new Circut Expression that I bought when they first made the 12x12 inch version. I was so proud of the title using the photos! 

That layout turned out okay and I was moving on to the last layout in this trip and I couldn't finish it with the supplies I had pulled. When I was going back through the pile, this kit jumped out to me as being able to work, especially since another kit using similar product was going to work for the last few photos I had for this trip.


I struggled on how to place the title. Part of me wanted to stack the words, but you would have lost the panoramic element to it, so I had it stretch across the first page.





I had journaling written for this page, which was super helpful in telling this story, but with a bit of time and reflection, I beefed it up a bit more to tie it with the other layouts from this trip so it tells a better over arching story.


I wasn't sure how to add all of the words. Finally decided that word strips would allow me to audition different places on the layout. And finally went with this.

So much happier with how it looks now, and how it interacts with the layout before and after it. 

Thanks for stopping by to check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment