Wednesday, July 29, 2020

May Everyday Pieces

Stacy Julian challenged us in the 20 in 20 class to create a May Everyday project. Part of her project was to collect the little bits of life to go with the photos and words. I have been using the Day One app to store and print the daily photos and words but I wanted to have a place to put the stuff. I decided to save a 2.5x2.5 inch square of stuff daily in May.

Here is the 2 page layout I created with the stuff I collected.


I don't use card stock backgrounds very often and when I do, they tend to be white. This layout was a far departure from that! I chose the navy background for two reasons. 

First a pattern would have been too busy with all of the "stuff" on this page. There were so many colors and patterns on this page, I didn't want to make it any more visually noisy. 

Second of all, there were quite a few pieces that were on white or near white and I wanted a bit of contrast so the pieces would stand out a bit, so I chose the navy.



I stitched using a zigzag stitch using my sewing machine to quilt the pieces together. I used the black and white puffy number stickers for most of the days that came from the left overs from my December Daily kit from Elle's Studio. 


I embellished with some stickers from Shimelle's sticker book and used some stamps from the "Stuff" Story Stamp from Ali Edwards. The title was created using two styles of Thickers.

So glad to have a snapshot using bits and pieces from our life right now. Think it will be fun to look back on years from now to see how packaging and things changed.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment