Thursday, August 13, 2020

Moving - CA apt to house

I have a handful of layouts that have been on my "bucket list" for quite a while. Layouts that I have had photos printed, ready for the story for some time, they just haven't been completed.

I am participating in Simple Scrappers' Bucket List Project class and it has been motivating me to get these off my list and into my albums.

The layout I am sharing here is one of those layouts.

This layout design was a kit from Scrapbook Generations. I tend to modify these to fit the photo sizes and the amount of journaling I have to include. These kits tend to be a bit flat, so I tend to add a bit more texture and dimension to their kits.

I used to subscribe to Scrapbook Generations' kits for a few years, but struggled to find a use for all of the themes, especially when I began to start with story. I wasn't creating as quickly as they came in (5 a month at the time) so I quit subscribing. I was happy to find this one in my stash that fit the story I wanted to tell.


As always, I look through my stamp stash, especially my Story Stamp themes looking for stamps to embellish my layouts. For this layout, I was able to use a few from the Move and Home story theme sets.



Added the journaling card to tell more of my story as well as using foam adhesive to add dimension to the stickers and stamped embellishments.


Since these photos were of mostly empty rooms, I really wanted to add the "if these walls could talk" stamp. I found a label from Elle's Studio that fit the sentiment, but it was on white paper. Most of the elements from this collection were cream, so I got out my Distress Ink in Old Paper and distressed it a bit to blend in with the collection better. 

Love how this ended up coming together and love that this story is now off my bucket list and into my album!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment