Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Toy of the Year


When starting this layout, I found the perfect challenge for these photos. My Mind's Eye has this April challenge: This month we want you to share any project (card,layout, altered item) that displays hexagons. I had actually set aside this My Mind's Eye paper from the Fine and Dandy collection that had hexagons all over it!

My other inspiration for this layout came from a sketch from Got Sketch? 
I cut the pennants out of the paper from My Mind's Eye. 


Because I wanted to put more focus on the toy itself I paper pieced my own paper hexbug as an embellishment. Instead of a scroll side element I repeated the hexagon shape.


Found some letter stickers in my stash that were from SEI. What's nice was that there were two fonts in the same color and size. Then I used some tiny letter stickers from Girls Paperie. Stamped the date with the Smash date stamp.

Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

  1. very nice. love the colors and the layout of the pics..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout. I like how the flags pull out the color from the blue hex paper. And your little bug is too cute. I think I might have to get some of those toys. They look like fun. For the kiddo of course :)

    ReplyDelete