Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our Destination: Sunny California

I am in love with this layout! It started with the Amy Tangerine line. I saw the sun and thought of our move to sunny california.


I hold on to tons of memorabilia and decided that I needed to make sure that the plane tickets had a home on this layout.


One of my favorite elements on this page is the title. Started with the Amy Tangerine Thickers for the california. Stamped the "sunny" with the Alpha-bits stamp from Stampin' Up! (retired). Then I punched the letters out using the coordinating square punch from Stampin' Up!. I think they look like store bought stickers that are popular right now. I love that I can make them any color that I want and never run out of any particular letter! I then used some Technique Tuesday, Ali Edwards stamps for the rest of the title. I used the Amy Tangerine stamp set for the plane and cloud element. Stamped it twice and cut the plane out and popped it up to match the pre-made dimensional stickers on the matching page.
Last but not least I added a cloud (stars) punched using a Fiskars punch.


Used a square block grid on the second page.


This is my favorite square on this layout. In the Amy Tangerine line one of the patterned papers was a map. Only problem was that it didn't contain the west coast! So instead of cutting out our destination, I cut out our home town and added the "You are my favorite" and heart stickers. 


Then when looking at the barcode strip piece, I realized it was map of Los Angeles! So I used that on the outside border. 

Lots of journaling on this one! Loved that this arrangement of the layout allowed for all of it! 

One thing about this layout, after listening to this episode of Paperclipping.com round table, this was not a cheap layout :) Been loving their radio show. Check them out! Love when they have my faves, Ali Edwards, Stacy Julian, or Shimelle on!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment