Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Project LIfe May 28-Jun 03 2012

With my December Daily completed and my 31 Things Album completed, it leaves Project Life and Madeline's baby album to finish up. 

I went on a weekend long crop with my sister and friends and worked on finishing my December Daily, worked on some layouts and started my 2013 Project Life album. 

I know what you are thinking. What happened to 2012's Project Life album?!

I had left it at early May. There were some things in those weeks that had some personal stuff I didn't want to share, so they never got posted even though they were completed.

Mind you while the complete pages stopped mid May, I had stayed on top of journaling, (starting in Aug, used Oh Life.com) and selecting, editing and ordering photos up until Mid February with the exception of the last week of Dec. for some reason got lost in the shuffle.

At the crop, my long time scrapping buddy, Kelly (check out her blog) and I decided that we do better with a bit of motivation to stay "caught up" or at least completing pages.

She got up to 2013 after starting the project in August. Way to go Kelly! This has motivated me to put this a priority when I get into my scrap space. Trying to complete at least one layout a week so that at least I am not creating a bigger backlog for myself.

So I have been hard at work! Here is May 28-Jun 3 2012.


For this you will see that I have broken out of the Core kit box and playing with more products. I am enjoying the process more by doing this, so you will be seeing more things not part of the kit. I have taken the idea that the title cards which have all be stamped with the dates already, will drive the color scheme for the most part. Then I will fill in with what I already have in my stash.


I used a TON of Technique Tuesday Studio AE stamps as well as other Ali Edward stamp sets on this spread. I have all of my stamps out when creating and search for things to fill in spots.


For this page, I used Simple Stories Sn@p label stickers as well as some sayings from the alpha sticker set. Used an old Quickutz alpha to cut the makeover title and used the positive and negative space.
Used some Studio Calico stamps that are exclusive to Two Peas for the frame around the fox and the memo stamp.
Also used Ali's stamps for the days of the week.
Also used some washi from my stash. I love my washi tapes!

This first year of this project has been a learning experience. Finding what works and doesn't work for me so that I am successful.

Things that are working are keeping up with the journaling, taking plenty of photos, and laying out what each week looks like. Even if I don't have the time or in the mood to scrap, I won't forget anything and most of the planning is done for me.

There were some things I wanted to change about what I was doing for 2013. I am printing white borders around all of my 4x6 photos and not rounding corners for the items in the 4x6 slots. It will save me some time and I like the look better.

I am also moving forward NOT using a Becky Higgins core kit. I didn't like forcing myself to use product that I am not that into. I got bored with it before half the year was out. 

Thanks for looking! More weeks to come soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment