Monday, June 27, 2016

10 Things I Love about Popsicles

When packing for a recent crop, I ran across a pile of photos that I had order back in the days of scrapbookpictures.com. Most of the photos were printed at 2.5x3.5 inches. I knew I had originally purchased some photo-real patterned paper with popsicles all over it for these photos, but never made the page. I think with 15 photos, for one layout, with little to no story, I just never felt compelled to make the page. 

Also when preparing for this crop, I happened to go through my stash of Scrapbook Generation Super Sketch kits that I never got around to using, and found a perfect layout for these photos. 


Now, there are some things I changed and added to this layout for me to make it more my own. The photo placement was the biggest. This was originally designed with a sketch using 4-5 photos. I have 12 on mine. I placed 9 in a grid, cutting most of the 2.5x3.5 photos down even further to 2.5x2.5. 


The other thing I changed was the die cut title. It used to say, 10 Things I love about Summer. I found a piece on the cut apart that the other die cuts came from that looked like notebook paper and used that to mask the word summer. Used some Simple Stories title stickers to finish it off. 



Another change was the chill out title, wasn't part of the original design, but a better fit for my photos.


Now, my mother in law has had a type writer collecting dust, and when I mentioned that I would love to have one, she gave me hers! Score! It has tape and correction tape that still works inside! Still learning the ins and outs of using it, especially in regards to using oddly shaped journaling cards, but it is legible and all good! I had to handwrite the last word but love the emphasis it brings to it. Happy accidents are the best!



A few enamel dots and some of Ali Edwards' mini tapes that pulled out the orange in the photos, and I could call this one done. 

Noticed after these photos were taken that the date was omitted from this layout. It has been added and was 08-08-08. So cool!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment