Sunday, July 24, 2016

December Daily 2015 -Cover

When preparing for my December Daily, I first had to figure out the size and format that I wanted my album to be for 2015.

Studio Calico had sent another 6x8 album as part of Ali Edwards' December Daily kit in 2014 because the stars on the background were upside down. I had used the "defect" in 2014 and had a perfectly good album then for 2015.


For my album cover, I used Mod Podge on the raw chipboard portion with white tissue paper. The white of the paper didn't cover the color well enough so I also added some white paint in one of the layers to get it the color white I wanted. 


Once that was all dry, I used some of the remaining silver glitter tape from a previous Ali Edwards December Daily kit and used it to transition between the red and what I just added. 

Using Stayz on ink, I found multiple december stamps in Ali's handwriting that I have collected over the years and randomly stamped them all over. 

Using a die cut from Simple Stories DIY Christmas collection, I placed the silver metal numbers from Tim Holtz. I was inspired to use these after seeing Ali Edwards use them on her cover and realized I also had them in my stash. I chose to use the brads through the chipboard for added stability.  Just had to creatively cover them up on the inside cover.

Haven't decided how to share the pages of this album. Too many photos for one post. So stay tuned for more of my album soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment