Thursday, June 25, 2020

Pieces of Me

Today I am sharing my Pieces of Us project. I followed along with Ali Edwards' prompts in February for her self portrait adventure. 

I knew I wanted to make something with the images and words I had documented in Instagram over the week, and when I came across this sketching the Simple Scrapper membership, I knew I had the perfect layout design to work from.


I used some paper from Jen Hadfield, as well as some chip board pieces from one of her collections. I also found some stitched ephemera pieces that came from Maggie Holmes.

I stamped Pieces of Me using Story Stamps from theme of pieces and me. The "of" was stamped using partial inking of one of the stamps in one of those sets. I stamped in grey ink and used clear embossing powder to have it stand out a bit more. Gave it a different texture.


I added the prompts list as a photo to put the project into more context. To show it was more than just a thing I decided to do on my own.



I struggled with fitting all of my words on the layout, and the font was a bit tiny, but it worked for the space that I had allotted for it. I used some older Ali Edwards stamps that were the days of the week. Thought the handwriting matching the title worked nicely.

I have been taking Stacy Julian's 20 in 20 class this year. One of the projects she recommended for us to do in February was something about us right now. I thought this was a perfect project to do for the assignment as well as fit with the other "pieces' Story Stamp stories I was working on telling at the time.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my layout!


No comments:

Post a Comment