Sunday, October 17, 2021

Dog Tired and Moused Out

 It is Finishing Project time at Simple Scrapper. Last year I completed 15 layouts that were in progress. I am talking about layouts that were over eight years old, some of them. Once the 15 had been completed, put in their albums, I found that I had at least another dozen to tackle. Nothing like meeting a goal to find that the goal post had moved again!

I decided that the next time the Finishing Project was done live, I would tackle the 12 I had left. 

Here is layout #1 that I have completed for this year. 


This is a layout kit that was designed by Just Kitting. When my mom created this one, I knew I had a handful of photos that would be perfect for it! I love doing layouts that encompass multiple trips to Disneyland!

This layout didn't take much to finish this go round. At some point this year, I managed to order a few more photos and reprint one of Maddie at a different size to fit more on the page to tell a more complete story.

As with most of these kits, I modified quite a few things to make it work with the photos I had. 


I ran the ticket booth off the page and tucked the journaling in the top window. I went through my Disney sticker stash and found one that was perfect for embellishing the bottom of the ticket booth. 


As a finishing touch I added some star confetti around the page to add some texture and interest around the layout. 

And there you go. Another page in progress complete! So thankful for the Simple Scrapper community to help motivate me to get this project done! 

Feel free to check out the other pages in progress from last year as well as the blog post I wrote in 2016 when I decided it was time to tackle these unfinished layouts! Will be so happy when the pile is eliminated from my craft space.



No comments:

Post a Comment