Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December Daily 1-8

I purchased the awesome kit, 'Tis the Season, from Elle's Studio to create my December Daily. In it contained exclusive tags with numbers 1-31, coordinating papers from a handful of manufacturers, Thickers, and a ton of other goodies. To see the whole product list, check their blog post. Also used a Sizzix set of snowflakes for the foundation of most of my pages. These are 6x6 pages. I decided to start off small this year for a couple of reasons. One, scrapbook funds are low so I could cut my 12x12 papers in 4 equal pieces and make it go further. Second, I thought it would be easier to use 4x6 photos or collages with this size.


Here is an updated version added on Dec 26.


Day 1: It is not done. I am receiving the Studio AE November stamp set for Christmas and I plan on using one of the stamps on the right page next to my photo collage. :)
This was the first time I had really gotten the hang of making a photo collage in Photoshop Elements! I had gotten it as a gift 2 years ago and I am now just getting some use out of it.



Day 2: The sticker is from Autumn Leaves and I used Are We There Yet stamp set from Technique Tuesday on the journaling circle. The photo collage on the right page I made through Walgreens. Used the i dots on the snowflake from the Thickers. It needed a little sparkle!


Day 3: This layout I used the Elle's Studio packaging and punched a scalloped circle and used rub-ons from my stash to embellish. Also used some of The Girls' Paperie stickers from their Tinsel and Twig collection.


Day 4: I got these advent boxes through Stampin' Up last year. They are so cool! I can put little treats, and coupons (for movies, Christmas books, etc.) each day and customize it every year. Love that!
I created another collage in Photoshop Elements. Used more of the snowflake rub-ons and The Girls' Paperie stickers. The patterned paper on the right side had a place for a wish list but I put what was in the first 10 days.


Day 5: Used another collage from Photoshop Elements. It was a 4x6 collage that I cut into two, one for each child. 


Day 6: Used a metallic silver pen, more of the snowflake rub-ons and a little green ribbon. This is one of my favorite days!


Day 7: Used a red Sizzix die cut tag with green ribbon stapled with Tim Holtz's tiny attacher, used a sticker from Crate Paper. This collage I made through Walgreens website.


Day 8: For this layout, I downloaded the images from the DVD covers and printed them as photos. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch to mat the photo on the right side. 

I have rather enjoyed my December Daily journey. I have ran into a few hiccups with supply shortages and with my printer, but my book is finally coming together. Can't wait to get the Studio AE stamp set to add a few touches to the layouts and I will probably have to buy another set of Thickers to be able to finish the album. 
More days to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a LOT of work, but a lot of fun too! Good for you for finishing the entire album. That took some serious determination to push through and finish but what a wonderful memory book of December 2011!!

    ReplyDelete