Sunday, October 7, 2012

World Card Making Day

 

So yesterday was World Card Making Day. To celebrate, I snuck away to create a little something for the occasion. I put together this card to put in my son's lunch box on Halloween.


I had just received a sewing machine a couple weeks ago for my birthday and I finally got around to learning how to thread the machine and play with a few of the stitches. When I was finished with playing I thought the sewing I had done would make a great background for a card.

I pulled out an oldie but goodie Stampin' Up! stamp set that had a bunch of Halloween characters and stamped them on white cardstock. Then I colored them with my Stampin' Up markers.

Popped them all up with foam tape and adhered the whole thing to an orange base. Added a bit of black and white ribbon and called it done.

Hope you had a great World Card Making Day!

Check out Simon Says Stamp Blog! for other creations made for the celebration! Hoping to win their card kit. See what I made with their June card kit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment