Thursday, December 6, 2012

December Daily- Day 1

For my December Daily album, I chose the red Sn@p album from Simple Stories. I loved the size and the option to use the divided page protectors.

I have not completed my title page or my opening pages, but I will post those when I complete them.

For Day 1 I had the back side of this chipboard page. I liked the color and texture of it so I left it bare. Next I used a photo collage template (I told you I would use it again!) to create the photo strips. I backed it on a close up photo of the tree. I was going to use digital paper but I had no idea how to match the color since it would partially depend on printing.

Printing...it pains me to use Walgreens, since I have been spoiled with Persnickety prints, but if I have any desire to complete as I go, I am going to just have to deal...

So this is take 2:


I have struggled with having to figure out front and back sides to things with this album. That is one of the reasons I only use one style in Project Life.

Take 1:

While I liked how this layout turned out, when I turned the page, the backside wasn't user friendly for the photos and stories I had to tell. I was lucky that the photo came off without any damage to any of the pieces!

I used a sketch from Got Sketch? found here for the left side of the layout. I like that on take 2, I was able to have more breathing room and a place for a title.

Used a couple of Ali Edwards stamps from Technique Tuesday using VersaMark and then red ink on the two key words on the list I wanted to highlight.

Everything else is Simple Stories Handmade Holiday.
On to Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment