Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Daily 2014- Day #1

The holiday season this year has been crazy! It snuck up on me and I did very little to prepare for my December Daily with the exception of buying Ali Edwards' December Daily kit.

Finally a few days in December I dived into the kit and started figuring out what I was going to do for the opening pages and started to mix up the page protectors, knowing that they probably wouldn't stay that way as I got going and had photos.

Here is what I have for my opening page. 


I plan on using a favorite family photo from the year to place on it. I may emboss the numbers. Still playing around with it.


For the next two pages, I used the calendar page so that I can document what the kids opened up in their advent boxes this year.
I plan on printing directly onto the page or use velum over it, or handwrite. We shall see how lazy I get near the end when I know what each day's surprise is.


I really liked this north pole paper in the kit and I hated to cover it up with a photo or something. At the same time it seemed like a waste of a page to have it in plain. Wasn't sure which story it would fit with either. My compromise was to use it and print out some word art Ali shared on her blog to start off my reason why of sorts on vellum and used a puffy heart also in the kit to "pin" it on.

So here is day 1:

There are always a ton of photos of us putting up the tree, and this year was no exception. Used an insert for this day's photos.


I knew I had a lot to say, so I chose the grid paper in the kit as the base. I then used the gold foiled number one, stamped "december" with one of Ali's stamp sets. At the top of the photo, I created a border using another of Ali's stamp sets using some puffy stickers in between the phrases


For my insert, I cut a 4 3x4 page protector in half and adhered some December tape from Ali's kit I had left over from last year. I used some Bella Blvd, digital elements on the photos to cover distracting ornaments on the tree. Used another puffy heart sticker on the lower photo.


Here is a look at the page with the insert flipped.


On the back of the insert, I kept it simple, just using the journaling card and photo.


For the last page for day 1, I simply added my photos and a journaling card that I embellished with a red star, attached with a red brad, and stamped with a sentiment included in the kit.

And there you go. Day 1. 

I have found myself batching this year, and I am okay with that. I will get a week's worth of photos printed at Walgreens, and then put it all together when I have time.

I have a few more days to share with you soon.
Hope you are enjoying your holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment