Thursday, October 20, 2016

Play All Day

Here is a layout I created for Shimelle's class, the 20 Project. The challenge was to whittle down that giant stack of photos. 


I had printed all of the photos my friend had sent me from a playdate at her house. There were over 10 photos in the stack and I had never figured out how to include them all in one layout. Those photos had been sitting a long time unscrapped and my philosophy of scrapbooking has changed a bit since then. Going back through, I had the choice to divide the photos into two different stories, and still whittle down the number, or get them down to even a smaller number of photos and make one 2 pager.

I opted for the 2 pager. I did however create a pocket on the back of the layout to house the extra printed photos minus 2 that were blurry that I reluctantly placed in the trash.


I created this layout using an extremely old BoBunny line. Old as in older than 2009. I had purchased the sticker sheet and two patterned papers that were super light weight a long time ago, but had paired it with some matching card stock.


This collection, when I bought it, was perfect for my son. Talking about playing in dirt,  and the colors, so it was fitting to find photos from that same time period.


For this challenge, Shimelle had pulled out her fabric brads and I thought, "Hey, I have some of those!" So I also challenged myself to use some as well. The brown corduroy brads are from Stampin' Up! and I don't know where the blue fabric ones are from.


I used a Martha Stewart edge punch to add detail to the card stock I used for the journaling spot as well as two other areas of embellishment.


The other thing I dug out of my stash were snaps. Do you remember those? I was tempted to get out my enamel dots to sprinkle around this layout, but opted to bust out the little more permanent snaps. Apparently I don't have a snap setter, because my eyelet setter flattened the tops of the snaps when I set them into the paper. Any snap tips, or is that part of the reason why no one uses them anymore?

Happy to have another challenge complete for Shimelle's class.



No comments:

Post a Comment