Monday, October 31, 2016

Race for the Cure

As we start approaching the end of the year, I have taken the advice from Jennifer Wilson from Simple Scrapper to make a priority list of the pages and projects I would like to complete for this quarter. Before I get myself immersed in all things December Daily, I had these priorities.

Priority #1- Finish Shimelle's class, the 20 Project.
I have completed 17 of the 20 challenges. There is one challenge that just doesn't fit my process (make page kits from my scrap basket) so I don't think I plan to complete it. I make my own page kits, but usually from paper lines and I store my scraps that way until the collection is depleted to the point that I use it to make cards. I have made many of the pages for the other challenges using my own "kits" but I don't create them in the same way as she had.

So that leaves 2 more challenges for that class.

Priority #2- My pages in progress pile

So if you have been checking out my blog for a few years, you would know that I have a stack of pages in different stages of completion. This stack I have made sure has not gotten any larger. I don't start a layout that I don't intend to complete before starting a new one. 

This layout below is an example of one of my pages in progress that I finally finished. It needed journaling and a date.


This layout has been in the works for a very long time. I purchased a Sizzix kit on clearance years and years ago that had dies and texture plates themed perfect for this event. I was bound and determined to use it!

I found leftover product from a Basic Grey KOTM that had the pinks I was looking for and a layout from Ali Edwards that I mimicked the page design from. I had a lot of photos and I didn't want to make this 2 pages so this design was perfect for them.


Here is the lovely texture plate a work. I have a handful of these and need to use them more. I totally resonated with Shimelle when she made that as one of her challenges. I buy these things but forget that I have them in the process of making a page.


I added the journaling on strips and placed it in the last open space on the layout. 


I had scraps of this die cut paper from Basic Grey that I absolutely love and found a way to use the last few bits of it that I had left on this layout.

I stamped the title with alpha stamps from my stash and letter stickers from the kit.


And here I used the Sizzix die of the ribbon to embellish the page. 

So glad to have this page finished! Now to complete 4 others from this pile this quarter and I will have met my goal for this quarter!

I have two other priorities this quarter before I want to get started on my planning for December Daily. 

Priority #3: Make Progress on Ali Edwards' 31 More Things Class

Priority #4: Maddie's Baby Album

More will be said about these priorities when I get further along with the others. 

Hope you will check on my progress and visit again soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment