Monday, October 17, 2016

Simply Magical

This layout was created for Shimelle's class, the 20 Project. The challenge was to use horizontal and vertical photos happily.

I hadn't originally planned on revisiting this challenge since I had created a layout that met the challenge before I had gotten to it in the class, however I ran across some photos that would work, so went with it.


I have had product "kitted" for these photos for quite a while. I struggled on how to include all three photos on one page, but the story and photos really didn't warrant a two pager. 

I really struggled with what to do with this page. I selected the blue card stock and the floral pattern from a Disney kit from years ago, I think. I then paired it with an orange pattern to match the second fairy we got our photo with. 

Finally I found this layout on Pinterest and it drove my design to have the Mickey head shape in the background of my layout. Another friend of mine at a crop cut that out for me on her silhouette cameo.

The floral washi was a friend of mine. It was included in a Planner Society kit that she got, I believe. It pulled the blue and orange together.


I tried all kinds of things to try to pull the layout together, and the title finally did that for me. The green glitter Thickers made this layout. The tile letter stickers are from Simple Stories.


I used some printables and die cuts from a friend of mine, from her color bins, at a crop. The geo tag was from Studio Calico. I also had a cut apart paper from a 6x6 that I used for other embellishments.


I wanted to add splatters but worried about getting it right, so opted to try stamping with white acrylic paint. It looked good, but I kept going and over did it and decided to flip the card stock over and try again. In the end, I found white sequins that I thought worked well for this page. 

So there you have it. Another layout and challenge done.

No comments:

Post a Comment