Sunday, January 23, 2022

Ally’s First Birthday

Last year I had my second daughter’s baby album on my list to make progress on. Pipe dream would have finished it Because other projects took longer than expected, and life did what it does, got in the way, I didn’t make as much progress as I would have hoped.

You have seen a few previous posts of some monthly layouts that I completed as part of my Type class from Ali Edwards. 

This layout I decided to do because I was excited to do it. I had the photos, the sketch and products all picked out. I just had to give myself the time to pull it all together.

So happy on how this turned out!



All of the paper comes from Simple Stories. The pink background was from the High Style paper pad. The rest came from Magical birthday collection pack.

Used some doilies from my stash. Love how they softened up an otherwise blocky layout.

I did something on this layout that I don’t typically do— journaled directly on the background by hand. 



The birthday ticket was created with a Studio Calico stamp set. So fun to layer the different stamps in this set to create a title.

The stitching was a bit of a labor of love. There is quite a bit of it and once I started, I kept adding more. Love the texture it adds. 



Love that I was able to include so many snapshots of this moment and have this layout to add to my daughter’s album. Hoping in 2022 I will have more space to make more progress and maybe even complete this album. 

Thanks for looking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment