Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Cards

Because I have so many paper crafting supplies, it is a shame to spend money and buy a card at the store. Here are the Valentine cards I made for my family.


The first is a card for my son. He has been singing, "What does the fox say?" these days, even though I know I didn't show him the video..... The fox is from a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, designed by Kelly Purkey. I used my watercolor brush and some of my distress inks to color him in. Used a Technique Tuesday set by Ali Edwards for the sentiment.


Next up is the card I made for my daughter. I found some old paper in my stash from Saltwater Creek, I believe is the old manufacturer. Layered it up, inked the edges, and stamped the sentiment with this Studio AE stamp set and popped it up. 


Last but not least, is a card I made my husband. To make this card I punched a ticket shape and temporarily adhered it to my card. I then used the same Simon Says Stamp Kelly Purkey set and used the strip of hearts in different colors of pink down the card. I removed the die cut and  then used a sentiment from this Technique Tuesday stamp set.

They are simple cards, but I love how they all turned out. Hopefully my family loves them too!

Shared them as part of a Simon Says Stamp challenge here.

Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards!! Great idea to stamp the hearts repeatedly for a full background. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete