Friday, February 10, 2017

December Daily 2016- Day 3

So Day 3 was quite busy and I wanted to include ALL of the big stories of the day. I ended up creating quite a few pages for this one!


It was Maddie's First Reconciliation, which is a big deal around here. Disappointed they didn't have a tree set up yet, like they had 2 years earlier with my son for the photo, but what can you do? 

I wanted to repeat some elements from Day 2 on this page, so I used a scrap of the background paper, as well as the rest of the sprayed doily. The other patterns and papers were also repeated, just in different amounts.

For this layout, I had some fun with my stamps. I am not a fan of colored card stock backgrounds, but I had recently took an old Nichol Magourik stamp class and thought I could create my own patterned paper using some of the many December Daily stamps that I have.


I repetitively stamped the "celebrate this" sentiment multiple times. I also used the phrases stamp from this year to match the framed "first" word stamp from the Firsts Story Stamp set. 


Used some alphas from Kelly Purkey/Simon Says Stamp and Simple stories to create the title along with the "first" and put my journaling in a banner shape. Outlined the pieces for more framing and contrast.

Here is the second layout for Day 3.


This red paper is my favorite paper in the SEI collection. It has a glitter finish on most of the snowflakes. I used a few Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies for this layout as well as some Simple Stories die cuts from the DIY Christmas I had left over from last year.


For the photos on this layout, I created a photo collage in PSE. Used a metal number three from Tim Holtz. I had used the 1 and 5 last year on the cover of last year's album and thought it matched the other metal numbers I was using.


The file tabs on the right are a Tim Holtz die but the green is a sticker from Simple Stories.  The journaling block on this page is a Tim Holtz die as well. Used a banner from my friend's Simple Stories Claus and Co. stash. 

The chipboard snow flake was from the SEI collection.

My third and last layout for Day 3:


Here I utilized some patterned papers left over from an Ali Edwards' December Daily kit. I cut the snow flakes from scraps of the 12x12 paper, I wouldn't be able to use as background and had them embellish the pages.

Initially I was going to make this one side, but with day 4 complete and a 2 pager, I easily stretched it to two.


The Simple Stories number sticker found its home on this page, I used an old Ali Edwards'/Technique Tuesday stamp and coordinating die for the "remember this". I heat embossed with white embossing powder.


Running out of the number threes that would coordinate, I found a little circle from the same Simple Stories sticker sheet as the other number. Repeated the white embossed label using a December Daily label set.

So there you go, day 3 complete.

Hope you visit again soon! Day 4 was already posted, but should have day 5 up in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment