Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Daily 2013 Album Cover

December is here. Time to get working on my December Daily!

This year I purchased the Studio Calico December Daily kit. I hadn't been real excited with any of the Christmas collections released this year. Purchasing the kit took some of the guess work on what to buy and mix and match. 


With the shipment of the kit, I was notified that the album was manufactured incorrectly and they were going to send me another one. The stars were upside down or a diagonal, depending on your point of view. Instead of wasting a perfectly good album, I decided to play up on the "diagonal" stars.  I painted the chipboard with white acrylic paint and then colored in two "stripes" of stars with a gold paint pen.


I love how Ali Edwards covered her chipboard 25 with gold glittered embossing powder for one of her pages, So I took that idea and used what I had, X-mas red stickles. I first used some distress ink to color the chipboard, so no wood color would peek through. LOVE how it turned out!

Then I used a Thicker banner in the kit that says twenty thirteen to finish it off. 

Happy December! Some pages to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment