Thursday, June 15, 2017

Card making -- in purge mode

I was in a bit of a scrapbook slump. Didn't feel that I had the time to devote to an entire layout. Since my kids are out for the summer, I don't get the same uninterrupted time to create.

As I was sitting in my crafting space, that is adjacent to my kids play area, I noticed some things floating around that needed a home. The first I noticed was a bird that I had stamped and let my daughter color with water color pencils and then "paint". This little bird has been sitting nearby, waiting for a project to call home.


I had purchased a card pack from Michaels that had silver foiling on all of the cards. I found this one that looked like confetti, and with a bit of glittery washi that I found in the Target dollar spot, my little bird had a home. 

I added the "wishes for you" sentiment from Ali Edwards' birthday stamp set and it was complete.


Something else I noticed in my stash was a search and find stamped image my mom had given me. It is a stamp she owns, I believe, and stamped one for me. I needed a Father's Day card, so I searched the image over and found all the words that "fit" and circled them. Added a label that says "best dad" and called this one done.

Happy to get some creating done. Happy these pieces have found projects to live on instead of trashed. Happy to have cards ready to give away. 

Just happy.

Have a few more cards to share from my summer creating. Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment