Monday, June 19, 2017

Maddie's Favorites Things @ 5

This is a layout I created for Challenge #7, #8, #9 of Shimelle's Design Decisions class.

Challenge #7 was to create a layout that you recreate from year to year. 

I have started journaling the same favorites list from the kids around their birthday every year. Fun to look back what has changed and what hasn't. Pulled Maddie's list from when she turned 5 and found some photos near the time that I document the list.

Challenge #8 was a color challenge. I was to create a kit (and 2 more, that I chose not to create) that was monochromatic. I chose a herring bone patterned from Dear Lizzy as the starting color and collected things from my stash to coordinate. I found way too much in this color, but had fun shopping my stash for it!

Challenge #9 was to create a layout using the monochromatic color kit.


The background paper is from the SEI Dill Blossom collection.

I used brads to give a bullet point effect for my journaling. Placed my journaling about the photos on the tag by the title.

The 5 is from Heidi Swapp. It was a textured white die cut that I used some of my Distress Ink to color it. I used my water brush to push the ink around, until I was happy with it. The chipboard sticker is from a Basic Grey /Kelly Purkey collection. 
The gold glitter die cut was from a Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes ephemera pack. The brads are from my stash and are a fuzzy texture.  The button die cut is from Stampin' Up!.

The @ wood veneer is from a Project Life pack, I believe.


The "favorite" came from a Dear Lizzy card pack. It was pre cut and I backed it with some glitter paper I got from the dollar hot spot at Target. The tag with the glittered corner is from the same ephemera pack as the leaves at the top. The button die cut was also from Stampin' Up!.

I layered a doily from my stash under all of the pieces.

I used some arrow rub-ons from Amy Tangerine and outlined my tile alpha stickers from Simple Stories.


The lower embellishment cluster was placed on the other half of the doily. It has an acrylic arrow that has been in my stash for some time, along with pieces to coordinate with the other clusters on the page... Stampin' Up! button, gold glitter star,  fuzzy brad, and wood veneer heart.

While I enjoyed changing up my process a bit for this one, by working with color first, I didn't enjoy putting all of my supplies back that I didn't use when I was done. I don't tend to design by color so I don't organize my supplies that way. I usually stick with things within a collection so I store my supplies that way. 

Loved bashing my stash on this one, though. Felt good to use up some stuff that I have been collecting. 

After this was completed, I wondered if it was it bad that I didn't design it around HER favorite color? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment