Monday, June 12, 2017

Snow Fun

In Shimelle's Design Decisions class, challenges #4 and #5 were together.

Challenge #4 was to look through old layouts that I already had completed, and create my own sketch from it. Then decide on three decisions I liked about the original and would like to repeat. The last step was to put the original page away, wait a day or two, and create a layout using the sketch and 3 things.

So my original layout that I chose is here.


The three things I chose were the embellishment clusters, journaling on journaling cards, and border punches used.

For challenge #5, I found my photos and started the layout.


I used Winter Time collection from Echo Park. It has been in my stash a super long time and long overdue to be used on a layout. 


One of the things I changed up on this layout compared to the original, was the number of photos I have on the strip. I also varied the sizes and staggered them a bit. 

Where there had been leaves, I replaced with snowflakes, but made more of a triangle of them on the page. The snow flakes came from the sticker sheet with the collection pack.

I used an edge punch that was embossed snowflakes, a Martha Stewart one, I believe, that I used on this layout instead of the notebook edge. 



For the second page, I used one pattern paper for the bottom, as is, unlike the shape the original had. 

I used two journaling cards, like the original, but placed them in a different spots, so the snowman wouldn't be covered up.


Layered a 3x4 cut apart card from the collection to house my sticker title. 

Pulled out some square brads from my stash that matched the collection. Anytime I feel like using enamel dots, I go through my brad stash first, now. Less forgiving but same end result.


Had some mini colored paper clips that matched the brads and thought they worked perfectly to attach the little sticker tags from the sticker sheet.


Used the same snowflake border punch on this side of the layout as well. 

I matted the photos on this page to add a little contrast from the white background.

It was tough photographing this layout due to all of the white, so forgive my lack of stellar photos. 

Thanks for checking this layout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment