Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Maddie @ 11 months

Today I have a layout from my older daughter's baby album. She is now eight years old, and I haven't gotten her album completed. I have it on my priority list this quarter, to try and complete as much as I can. The photos are all printed and it is just a matter of getting it done.

I gained inspiration from this layout from Shimelle's Design Decisions class for challenge #11. Shimelle's challenge was a color challenge, building off the monochromatic layout, but since creating my own kits based on color isn't my thing, I opted to get inspiration from her sketch based on the layout she created.


The biggest difference between her layout and mine, was the size of photo used. I am using 5x7 photos for the most part in this album, opposed to her square 4x4. I think it still works, the journaling card just doesn't hang as low compared to the photo in mine. 

The background paper is from American Crafts My Girl collection. The journaling card is from a cut apart sheet from Photo Play's About a Girl collection.



I am using the CK/Becky Higgins Baby Kit for this baby album, so the tabs and chipboard frame came from there. 

I layered some Amy Tangerine floral paper in there as well as a green grid from the kit. 

Used some flat sequins to embellish.


The number and chipboard month frame also came from the kit, as so did the sticker border and chipboard star. Layered a doily from my stash to add a bit of contrast between the pinks.



Found some metal charms that were baby pins and blocks to add to this layout that add another layer of texture and dimension.

Hoping to share more finished pages from this album and other challenges completed from Shimelle's class so visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment