Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Maddie's Baby album - First Home

 I have completed another layout for my daughter's baby album. 

The good thing about the CK/Becky Higgins baby kit that I am using is the pages with prompts included.

This layout is a good example of this. It has journaling cards/strips that are about baby's first home as well as a matching title and chipboard frame that matches the monthly ones for the rest of the album.

I also used this kit as part of Shimelle's Design Decisions class for challenge #6, which was to use a kit of supplies to create a layout.


The thing is, like Shimelle, once I got working on this layout, I realized there wasn't enough in the kit that was inspiring me to make the page. A short dig into my stash and I found a Bella Blvd summer collection that had a house border strip in a pattern as well as the house to cut out. I was amazed at how well the colors all coordinated with the baby kit that I was already using!

I also found some paper from KI Memories that was a good match for the colors that I used on the photo mat and strip at the bottom of the page. 

From the baby kit, I used the first home as well as the base papers, and photo corners.



Used another doily from my stash to layer under the title and chipboard circle frame as well as the cut-out house. 

I used my Martha Stewart fringe scissors to add "grass" and added texture to the layout as well as punching some white card stock with a pair of cloud punches and made a doodle border inside to match the clouds in the patterned paper else where on the layout.


I added our address to this layout using some rubber stamp numbers from Stampin' Up! that I stamped cut out and folded in half and stapled with my Tiny Attacher. I used white foam Thickers and then Simple Stories tile alphas for the rest.

I fussy cut a flower from the Bella Blvd paper and added a brad on top to coordinate with the other brads I used throughout the layout.


I used brads where I would have been tempted to use enamel dots. To give myself some flexibility with placement, I cut the prongs off the backs of them and used foam adhesive to attach them to the page.



On the second page of this layout, I added the same Thickers for the title. I made a bit of a grid with the photos I had for her room and filled the gaps with a fussy cut flower and more fringe paper.

I didn't like the design on both the inside and outside of the pocket, so I added patterned paper to the front of the pocket and added a fussy cut flower from the Bella Blvd paper and added some brads.


The remaining border strip of houses made its home in the grass and embellished with a few more brads-- man, I have a ton! I think my yellow brads were almost all used up, though!


Love that the kit has these journaling card strips that gave me plenty of room for my journaling. I did trim the front two down a bit so the titles on the tops could be read all at once when in the page protector.

Love that I am making such progress with Maddie's Baby album as well as meeting challenges for Shimelle's Design Decisions class.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment