Friday, August 11, 2017

Maddie's Baby Album - 7 months

Here is another layout from Maddie's baby album.

For Shimelle's Design Decisions class, prompt #14 was starting without a plan. I created this layout without a plan!

As I started to look at the "kit" of supplies that I have been using for this album, mainly the Becky Higgins baby kit, among many other things from my stash, I came across a package of paper buttons from Stampin' Up! that I had used on Maddie's Favorites @ 5 layout. The pinks and yellows were a good match to the kit, I decided to use those.


I don't tend to create layouts on an angle, but after seeing Shimelle on Facebook Live the week before, I was inspired to give it a try, but modify it a bit for my comfort level. The photo is not at an angle like hers were.

I went with a solid color for the background, knowing the buttons were going to busy. 



The floral pattern paper is from the baby kit and was a great place to line the buttons up. The holes on the buttons are quite large, so I found some white fibers from my stash (I forgot I had so many fibers of all colors!) that worked better than twine or string.

I found some white button brads in my stash that worked to hold the title chipboard layers together. They work nicely with all of the other buttons on the layout. 

Used a doily again under the title as well as under the patterned paper at the corners.

Used some green sequins from 28 Lilac Lane, a prize from May Flaum's blog, the designer of the product from Buttons Galore. Love the slight variation in color and size.


Matted the photo in cream and a yellow pattern from the kit and layered in another doily as well as a few more buttons and sequins.



Amazingly enough, I still have quite a few of the paper Stampin' Up! buttons left, but loved that I used so many up. Loving the sequins these days as well.

Here's to using up old stash and loving the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment