Monday, August 21, 2017

Maddie's Baby Album - First Visitors

Here is a page I recently completed from Maddie's baby album.


I used this page to document photos of all the people that came out to California in the first few months of her birth. There was a pocket with the journaling cards "choosing your name", "First Visitors" and Adjusting to Life in a Family" and thought these photos would work with these journaling prompts.

The paper I used for this layout as well as the pocket and journaling cards were from the Becky Higgins' Baby kit .

I created a grid with 2x2 photos, mounting it all on white card stock. I layered some washi under the white mat as well as a border sticker found in the Becky Higgins kit.


I created a banner at the top of this layout using stickers from a recent Photo Play baby collection. I used some white twine I had in my stash and popped the stickers up with a bit of foam adhesive. I layered in a few other stickers as well as stamping a sentiment from an old Ali Edwards baby stamp set.



On each of the photos I stamped a number using a Heidi Swapp stamp set and punched it out. I then used the number to correspond to the journaling on the First Visitors journaling card.

I also found created some banners from the Photo Play cut-apart sheet to embellish the photo grid. 

I created an embellishment cluster on the lower left corner of the photo grid with a few stickers from the Photo Play sticker sheet. 

I used rub-ons included in the BH baby kit as well as some alpha stickers from Simple Stories for a subtitle. Squeezed in another stamped sentiment from Ali Edwards above the subtitle.


On the pocket, I covered the original image with another sticker from the Photo Play sticker sheet after using a bit of foam tape to pop it up a bit. 


Here is a look at the journaling cards out of the pocket. Love that there was so much room for so much information. A plus since I am so wordy!

This page will sit on the left side of the album. On the right, there is a paper that has a tab, "You're Official" and I plan on sticking a copy of her birth certificate on it and keep it pretty simple. I thought the "choosing your name" card worked with that.

Few more pages to work on in Maddie's album and this project will be complete! 

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment