Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Before Stash Bash

My MIL gave me the class, Simple Scrapper's Stash Bash, as a birthday present, and it did not go to waste! 
I took a bunch of photos of my scrap space before the event. There were a variety of challenges that could be completed over the five days with three focuses- use up your stash, manage your stash, and extreme make-over. My main focus was managing my stash, with a touch of using my stash.

Anyhow, I took these photos to act as my before to show the change after completing. Proof that I completed some challenges.

This is the view of my room when you walk into the door. Not too pretty, huh. There are things that are working in this space. I love my green shelf that holds my cricut cartridges and name plates a friend of mine made me at the classes she hosted and I attended. 


  

The photo of the left shows my MM shelf that totally works for me. I store all of my Distress inks, Stickles, embossing powders, buttons, paints, spray inks, and more within easy access and reach.  Below that I store my card stock, my kitted papers for projects I am working on, and my OLW album on the right, and patterned paper for the most part on the left. The bottom 3 are by theme. Travel, Baby/kid, and Wedding.

The photo on the left are my Stampin' Up! and other wood mounted stamps, as well as some Tim Holtz sets. On the shelves, I house my plastics for PL, Disney page kits, predesigned page kits, and more patterned paper mostly from Cosmo Cricket and SEI. On top are my misc. inks, markers, and mini embellishment cases for eyelets, brads and more.


   

It is hard to get a good picture of my closet. It goes deep on both sides behind the doors. On top is where I store most of my albums with completed pages. 
On the right photo you can see piles of things. Most of my card making supplies are on this side of the closet. There is a shoe organizer cabinet on that side of the closet. It holds my dies and embossing folders. On top is a clip it organizer and a stack of thickets and other alphabets.


On the left is a photo of the book shelf in the closet. The bottom holds the magazines that I haven't been able to purge quite yet, as well as sketch books and my idea binder. Above that is a box of Sizzix dies, professional photo prints (school, sports, portrait studio, Santa, etc.). On the top are "kits" in over-sized baggies. They tend to be collection pieces I have left over from Basic Grey POTM kits, or just pieces I have purchased (some won) that are all from a particular collection or just coordinate together. The box on the side is Becky Higgin's baby kit that I am using for my daughter's first year album. The file folders hold memorabilia and things saved for specific events. 

On the right, this is one side of the closet. There is a punch holder hanging, some sizzix on the floor and my totes (empty) to use for crops.


This is opposite my table. It houses my cricut, sizzix big shot, and sewing machine. I have to clear at least one of them off to use any of the three, so this isn't working so well for me. Under the table is my kids' stash. I have limited to giving them things that fit in a shoe box and a 12x12 one inch paper holder. They tend to want to shop my stash anyway, and I didn't want to use them as an excuse to hold onto things I don't love any more.


The table itself....
I have my carrying tool case that holds my adhesives (glue dots, dimensional adhesive, etc.), tiny attacher, chalks, pens, corner chomped, and more. In the middle are 2 boxes I am reusing that were the perfect size for Project Life cards. My mom found this date stamp holder which I love having in reach.


Then there is this mess on my desk. The shoe boxes are for scraps. The top card stock and the bottom, patterned paper. Next to it are my pages in progress. That is a topic for its own post. Then there are my printed photos next to that.


Another problem area in my space is the floor behind my table. It currently has my PL albums that are complete, more kits, stamp binders, memorabilia for PL 2013, and newly purchased items that haven't been put away yet. As well as my washi tape case.


Here is the last part of my space that I have to share. Behind the door, I have a shoe rack that holds my large punches. I love this solution for these! Next to the door, I have a chest of drawers that got repurposed in this space. Drawer #1- photos.  #2 ribbons and fibers. #3 sewing supplies. #4 adhesives and tape runners. #5 memorabilia. 
 On top are some Studio Calico Project Life kits as well as some mini PL kits.  The rest is ribbon.

As you can see, I have many problem areas in my space and too much stuff. I want to purge enough stuff to get rid of a few boxes worth and have what is there, easy to find.

Thanks for making it through this monster of a post. Hope you enjoyed a look into my space, even with the horrible state that it is in! Will share some of the changes I made with Stash Bash soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment